EdgeFX's Visual Effects course is designed to create ready professionals for the VFX industry. Students learn to create sophisticated motion graphics with in-depth instruction in select software popularly used in the industry.
EdgeFX offers a 9 month Master Certificate course comprising three modules. With the rapid growth of Social Media marketing & OTT content, Motion Graphics is today more important than ever before. It is the number skill that any Digital creator needs to master the art of creating compelling stories for Brands, Media and Entertainment.Click here for More Course Info
Master Certificate in Visual Effects & Motion Graphics
Module 1: Bootcamp Animation, VFX & Motion Graphics
The Bootcamp module in Visual Effects & Motion Graphics aims to give the student an understanding of different aspects of Visual Effects and how it can be incorporated in Motion Graphics.
VFX & Motion Graphics
- Introduction to Photoshop and Photoshop tools
- Introduction To Digital Art & Primitive Shapes
- Lighting & Shading On Primitive Shapes
- One Point & Two Point Perspective
- Demonstration With Lighting & Coloring
- Introduction To Color Theory & Color Practical
- Importance of Thumbnail Exploration
- Motion Poster Creation
- Intro to After Effects
- Alpha & Luma Mattes
- Graph Editor
- Motion Poster Animation
- Understanding 3D Space and Elements
- Introduction to Blender
- Referencing and Story Boarding basics
- Introduction to Blender & Tools
- Modeling Tools
- Using low polygon modeling fundamentals for quick scene creation
- Creating cinematic 3D environments in Blender
Module 2: VFX & Motion Graphics Specialisation
This module focuses on exploring various kinds of advanced techniques inside After Effects and how to composite different elements seamlessly.
- Importance of Thumbnail Exploration
- 4k Matte Background Creation
- Matte Background Animation
- Shot Sizes & Angles (FM)
- Introduction to Camera (FM)
- Color Correction & Grading (FM)
- Sound Design (FM)
- Introduction to 3D Layers in After Effects
- Camera Settings & Camera Animation
- Freeze Frame Animation
- One Point & Two Point Tracking
- Offset Tracking
- 3D Matchmoving in AE
- Planar Tracking
- Rotoscopy + Rotobrush Tool
- Vector Tracking
- Object Tracking
- Compositing Various Elements
Module 3: VFX & Motion Graphics Pro
In this module students will dig deeper into Motion Graphics by learning how to composite HUD elements with live action footage, techniques and importance of green screen compositing, working with 3D objects inside After Effects and also the particle system.
- Introduction to HUDs
- Custom HUDs + Presets
- Compositing HUDs with Live Action Footage
- Introduction to Green Screen+Lighting Set-Up (Studio Lecture)
- Green Screen Removal using Keylight
- Luminance Based Hair Extraction
- Light Wrap
- Green Screen Compositing
- Introduction to Element 3D
- Working with 3D Objects
- After Effects Lights + Shadows
- Compositing 3D objects with Live Action Footage
- Introduction to Particle System
- Advanced Text Animation
- Custom Transitions
- Title Sequence Animation
- Introduction to Multipass EXR Compositing
New Batch Starts in October
Student Work / Showreel / About Course
C B Arun KumarAcademic Director
C B Arun Kumar was a founding member of FX School and responsible for creating and establishing its unique and powerful pedagogy which enables students to achieve world class results in an extremely efficient time frame.
He has been working in the Animation & Broadcast Industry in India since 1985 and has over 37 years of professional experience. He did his Masters from MCRC, Jamia Milia Islamia in 1989.
He has worked with TV18, Business India TV (TVI), Aaj Tak, Doordarshan, Vijay TV, Maya Entertainment and Pixion.
He worked on the first Indian 3D animation series, Jungle Tales (for Cartoon Network) with Moving Picture Company.
He was awarded the National Award for Best Director of an Animation Film (2005) for Kachua aur Khargosh.
Ranajoy Ghosh Faculty
I was always fascinated with the idea of the impossible, things that do not happen in our everyday life - like a man flying in a metal suit or cars transforming into giant bots. I wanted to know how all of this is brought to life.
After graduating with a degree in commerce, I knew pressing calculator buttons was not going to work for me so I joined an animation course. After that I worked at Cinemad, a post-production studio in Kolkata. But I found that I still wanted to learn more. That’s when I found FX School and completed my course in Visual Effects, which was an awesome experience.
Now as a Visual Effects instructor at FX School, I find that helping others really pushes me to learn more about the things I have always been fascinated with, and gives me a sense of satisfaction.
Why FX School
- Top Ranked Institute by HT
- International Education Partnership with FXPHD
- Internationally trained faculty
- Award-Winning Students & Alumni
- 100% Apple Mac Environment in all digital labs
- Fully equipped professional-grade Chroma studio
- Project & Practicals oriented curriculum that ensures that you have a high-quality demo-reel at the end of the course
- Live Online Training during Lockdowns -- NO Time Wasted!
- No Cost EMI Education Loans Available!
Jishnu P DevDiploma in VFX 2011
After completing his diploma course in VFX at FX school, Jishnu worked as a VFX artist, Lead VFX Artist and eventually VFX Supervisor at FXS, FX School's production wing. The films he worked on include Ram Gopal Varma's "Dongala Mutha" "Not a Love Story" and "The Attacks of 26/11." He went on to become the VFX supervisor of the film "Queen" directed by Vikas Bahl. He currently runs his own production studio called Corridor Studios.
Click here to view Jishnu's credits on IMDB
Rashabh Butani Diploma in VFX 2011
After completing his diploma in VFX at FX School, Rashabh worked at FXS, FX School’s production wing, as an assistant cinematographer. He was recruited by Rhythmn&Hues where he worked on films such as Snow White and the Huntsman” and “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters” and “Life of Pi.” He went on to join Double Negative in London and worked on “Interstellar” as a compositor. He is now working as a Freelance Compositor with MPC Bangalore.
Click here to view Rashabh's credits on IMDB