FX School's 6-month course in Graphic Design is a comprehensive course that enables you to become a consummate graphic design professional with strong aesthetic skills and the ability to design across multiple mediums for a variety of purposes.
This is a project-oriented course in which you will build a strong foundation in design fundamentals while working on practical applications such as identity design (logos and icons), communication design, poster design, and designing for merchandise (t-shirts, bags, wallets, etc.) Click here for More Course Info
Advanced Certificate in Graphic Design
The course comprises a 3-month basic module and a 3-month advanced module.
The basic module in Graphic Design focuses on developing the fundamentals of design, aesthetics and different design styles along with an introduction to tools and software used for graphic and communication design.
- Advertising Art & Ideas
- Understanding vector and raster formats/span>
- Adobe Photoshop Fundamentals
- Adobe Illustrator Fundamentals
- Working with Illustrator and Photoshop
- Visualisation and colour schemes
- Understanding 2D form and flat design
- Understanding 3D form and round design
- Indoor and Outdoor advertising
- Designing Logos and App Icons
- Critique and discussion of various advertising campaigns and logos
he Advanced module in Graphic Design focuses on helping you apply your graphic design skills across a variety of products, in addition to mastering advanced tools for graphic design.
- Fonts and Typography
- Communication Design
- Printing Technology
- Project - T Shirt Design
- Adobe Illustrator: Advanced Tools
- Adobe Photoshop: Advanced Tools
- Merchandising - Thematic Poster Series
- Merchandising - Origami Wallet / Bags
- Merchandising - Merchandise of choice
- Fabrication, Execution and Exhibition
New Batch Starts on 11th March
Student Work / Showreel / About Course
C B Arun KumarAcademic Director
C B Arun Kumar has worked in the Animation & Broadcast Industry in India since 1985. He did his Masters from MCRC, Jamia Milia Islamia in 1989.
He has worked with TV18, Business India TV (TVI), Aaj Tak, Doordarshan, Vijay TV, Maya Entertainment and Pixion.
He worked on the first Indian 3D animation series, Jungle Tales (for Cartoon Network) with Moving Picture Company.
He was awarded the National Award for Best Director of an Animation Film (2005) for Kachua aur Khargosh.
Lipika Shantharam Faculty
Lipika has always had a strong inclination towards the creative field since childhood. She started developing design concepts and creating illustrations since a young age for various events. She has learnt Graphic Design from FX School, Mumbai. Her colorful sense of design and creative drive has immensely helped her in shaping her unique design style that is portrayed through the various projects in her portfolio. After having dabbled as an illustrator in Doodle Art and Graffiti, she found herself mesmerized by the field of Graphic Design. She has worked as a freelance Graphic Designer on various projects with startups and established Companies on creating their Brand Identity, conceptualization, Ideation, UI/UX Design and merchandise design.
Why FX School
- 100% Apple Mac labs and classrooms with a 1:1 computer to student ratio
- Faculty that comprises leading industry professionals with hands-on experience of what is taught
- Intensive course that allows you to design across multiple mediums for a variety of purposes
- Project-oriented curriculum that ensures you have a quality portfolio at the end of the course
Shruti ShahAdvanced Certificate in Graphic Design 2015
My journey with FX School has been a fabulous learning process. I was fortunate to have Yohan as our teacher and mentor and he is truly fabulous. He had this amazing magic that instigated us to push ourselves beyond our limits. The course is very well structured. Thank you FX School for giving me an opportunity to learn.
Tanay Iyer Advanced Certificate in Graphic Design 2015
Graphic Design at FX School has been a wonderful decision! The six month long course is unlike any other so far, combining curriculum with plenty of fun, crazy learning and out of the box ideas and execution of design. The icing on the cake is Yohan's expertise in the field, and his exceptional ability to guide you through everything he teaches, with immense patience and precision!
I definitely recommend the course to anyone who wants to make Graphic Designing their profession, or leave it as a hobby for that matter! A complete win-win.