Visual Effects students begin their Diploma Course with FX School’s intensive 3-month Foundation course, which provides a critical introduction to the world of CG Animation, Visual Effects and Digital Art. The course enables you to learn some very essential, fundamental skills and gives you a greater understanding of the interrelationship between the different disciplines in a modern production pipeline. It is also helps you discover where your true talents lie and make an informed decision about what you should seriously pursue further.
The Foundation module in VFX focuses on giving you a strong base upon which you will build and enhance your skills as you move on to more sophisticated software and techniques later in the course. You will learn key concepts, tools and techniques, including an introduction to After Effects.
· Introduction to Photoshop
· Layers, Blending Modes and Transformation
· Selection Tools
· Pen Tool for Advanced Selection
· Brush and Clean-up Tools
· Layer Masks and Adjustment Layers
· Colour Adjustment and Filters
· Introduction to After Effects
· Time Remapping
· Stop Motion
The Specialisation module in Visual Effects trains you in the widely used VFX software, Adobe After Effects. This module helps you develop crucial VFX skills such as masking, keying, compositing and 3D match moving.
· Basic animation and keyframing
· Chroma Keying & Compositing Fundamentals
· 2D motion tracking
· Basic 3D match-moving
· 3D interface
· Colour Space
After successfully completing the Foundation and Specialisation modules, you will go on to learn more complex skills in the Pro courses listed below:
Advanced After Effects & Motion Graphics
This is an intensive module in which you will work on After Effects, Mocha and Blender to develop core VFX skills and Motion Graphics techniques and also work towards building your portfolio.
· Clean-up and BG Prep
· Matchmoving & Advanced 3D tracking
· Multi-pass compositing
· Planar tracking in Mocha
· Matte painting
· Ideation and Motion Visualisation
· Keyframing in After Effects
· Advanced Techniques and Stylisation
· Training in Leading Industry Tools
· Title Animation
· Live Footage & Motion Design integration
· Fundamentals of Blender
· 3D Logo Design and Animation
· Effects such as Teleport Effect, Glowing Text, Neon Sign Effects, Particles and Explosions
· Sound Driven Displacement
· Portfolio Development
NUKE - International Certification by fxphd
The fxphd in The Foundry’s Nuke module comprises three months of intense training in The Foundry's Nuke, one of the topmost compositing software, designed in collaboration with world leaders in online VFX education, fxphd. You will learn the entire functioning of the node-based software along with production related techniques for optimizing and speeding up the pace of production. You will be required to submit projects displaying your skills in Set Extension, Camera Mapping, Matte Extraction and Match Moving.
· Introduction to high-end Compositing & Interface of Nuke
· The Green/Blue Screen Process
· Tracking and basic Match Moving
· The 3D Space and the Interface
· Compositing and Optimising Render Passes
· Camera projection on 3D models
· The Stereoscopic workflow in a production pipeline
DFP (Diploma Film Production)
In this module, you will make a high-end VFX short film showcasing all the advanced techniques you have learnt during your course. This is a pure production module! You will be meeting one-on-one with your appointed faculty mentor at regular pre-determined intervals to monitor progress & unlock any additional resources you may need.